NEWBURGH ENLARGED CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
POSITION: TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR
1. High School Graduate
2. Five years experience in the operation of multi-passenger vehicles or the dispatching of motor equipment.
3. Thorough knowledge of standard transportation methods and the operation of buses
4. Must hold a valid Class 2 NYS Driver License.
5. Must hold NYS Driver Training Certificate from NYS Department of Education
6. Must hold a Department of Motor Vehicle 19-A Certification
General Statement of Duties:
Coordinates the school bus program serving in a liaison capacity between the school district and private bus companies providing transportation for the school system; does related work as required. This is an administrative position involving responsibility for representing the school system in negotiations with the private companies providing the transportation of the school district.
A Civil Service Exam will be required. This will be a provisional appointment
External applicants must respond on the District’s NEW online application system: RecruitFront on or before the above closing date or via the OLAS Web Site (www.olasjobs.org).
PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL directly to Mr. McLymore. Please use the ‘Letter of Interest’ template found on the district’s web-site under Employment (www.newburghschools.org)
POSTING NUMBER: DTRN-001
PLEASE INCLUDE POSTING Number ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE
Equal Opportunity Employer
Newburgh Enlarged City School District
124 Grand Street Newburgh, NY 12550
(845) 563.3400 www.newburghschools.org
JOHNSON CITY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
POSITION: ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR OF TRANSPORTATION
A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s Degree or higher and two years of experience in a transportation program which included the operation of a bus and the scheduling and/or dispatching of vehicles; OR
B) Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and four years of experience in a transportation program which included the operation of a bus and the scheduling or dispatching of vehicles.
1) Certification by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles as a 19A Certified Examiner: AND
2) Possession of SBDI Certificate issued by the New York State Department of Education; AND
3) Licensure to operate a school bus in accordance with New York State Department of Motor Vehicles requirements – CDL, Class B with “P” (passenger endorsement) and “S” (school bus) endorsement.
TO APPLY: SEND LETTER OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION TO:|
Mr. Eric Race, Assistant Superintendent for Administration
Johnson City Central School
District 666 Reynolds Road
Johnson City, NY 13790
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: April 12, 2019
CAPITAL REGION BOCES
POSITION: DIRECTOR of TRANSPORTATION (BOCES) ANALYST
Job Description: This is an administrative position involving the responsibility for the safety and efficient operation and maintenance of a shared transportation program(s) of the BOCES. The work is performed under direction of a designated BOCES supervisor. Supervision is exercised over all transportation personnel. Does related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EITHER:
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two-year college with at least an Associate’s degree and five (5) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive equipment, operation of multiple passenger vehicles or dispatching of motor equipment, one (1) year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR,
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and seven (7) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive equipment, operation of a multiple passenger vehicle or dispatching of motor equipment, one (1) year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Responsibilities: Partial List - Visit HERE for full information
1. Plans, directs and manages a shared transportation program(s).
2. Directs service, maintenance and repairs of shared transportation program(s) vehicles.
3. Establishes routes to be followed by bus drivers.
4. Establishes time schedules for buses.
5. Plans and administers the shared transportation budgets for the program(s).
6. Plans, develops and implements an effective bus safety program(s).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
Starting Salary: $92,451 – $113,786 prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Apply To: email@example.com Please include letter of interest and resume.
Further Information Contact: Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Rd. Albany, NY 12205
North Colonie Central School
POSITION: TRANSPORTATION ANALYST
Job Description: North Colonie Central Schools has an immediate opening for a full time, 12 month Pupil Transportation Analyst (aka Routing Specialist). Responsible for scheduling all students and routing all bus routes under the direction of the Director and/or Assistant Director of Transportation. Our district uses Transfinder routing software.
This is a competitive civil service position. A more detailed Civil Service job description is at the end of this posting.
Salary (Per CSEA Contract): 2018-19 - $51,078 2019-20 - $53,121
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:The work involves responsibility for the overall routing and scheduling of all pupil transportation needs using a computerized routing system. Under the general supervision of the Transportation Director, an employee in this class coordinates activities involved in the constant revision of bus routes for all district owned and contract vehicles. The incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance of a record keeping system for the collection of data. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
· Operates and maintains the district computerized fleet routing and scheduling program;
· Assists the Transportation Director in the development and revision of computerized bus routes in accordance with district policies and state education guidelines for public, non-public, and special needs students;
· Works with transportation office personnel and drivers on bus route changes and modifications;
· Works with school office staff to add, delete, modify or otherwise maintain student information database;
· Schedules routing times and bus stops by computation of bus capacity, travel time and student numbers for both public and non-public pupils in the district;
· Performs general office duties such as filing, answering phones and processing invoices;
· Confers with parents, school personnel, contractors and the general public and replies to inquires, handles complaints and resolves problems concerning student transportation;
· Maintains records and prints reports of vehicle mileage, students transported and expenditures as required for the completion of state aide forms;
· Generates a variety of records and reports for district administration, Department of Motor Vehicles, and NYS State Education Department;
· Utilizes word processing, spreadsheets, and computerized databases.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
· Thorough knowledge of the geographic and street locations within the school district;
· Good knowledge of standard transportation methods and the operation of bus fleets;
· Good knowledge of computerized routing and scheduling system and all of the program components;
· Good knowledge of office methods and procedures;
· Working knowledge of New York State Department of Transportation rules and regulations, local and state education department policies and regulations with respect to student transportation;
· Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software;
· Ability to interpret and apply local and state regulations with respect to student bus transportation and state aid formulas;
· Ability to plot right turns, left turns, stops, bus run times from beginning to end of bus route by using a computerized program;
· Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EITHER:
A. Graduation from high school or possession of a general equivalency diploma and five (5) years of general clerical experience, two (2) years of which must have been in either a school district or working with school district transportation software; OR,
B. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of customer service experience.
Interested applicants can apply online at: https://www.northcolonie.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Employment-Application.pdf
Deadline for applications: Monday, March 18, 2019
Owego Apalachin CSD
POSITION: AUTOMOTIVE / BUS MECHANIC
Salary – Dependent on Experience
Class 1 Employee – 12 mos. per year
8 hours per day
Click HERE for application information
Have own tools
Be able to work on all types of vehicles
Have working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance
Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months
Must have working knowledge of Air Brake systems
Be able to look up schematics and understand on board vehicle diagnostic software programs
ASE and Inspection Certifications preferred
Owego-Apalachin Central School District uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online.
.Click HERE for application information
South Lewis Central School
POSITION: TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
South Lewis Central School has a Transportation Supervisor position beginning approximately April 8, 2019. Minimum qualifications for this position are: three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive equipment or five years of experience in the operation of multi-passenger vehicles and/or the dispatching of motor equipment, and eligibility to become 19A or SBDI certified. Familiarity with transportation systems, a rural school district and district residency is preferred.
This is a competitive Civil Service position which will require taking a Civil Service exam. A competitive salary and strong benefit package will be offered commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should, in addition to applying on-line, submit an application, letter of interest, resume with references, and any supporting documentation by Feb. 25, 2019 to:
Mr. Douglas Premo, Superintendent
South Lewis Central School
PO Box 10
Turin, NY 13473 or phone 315-348-2500.